Friday, March 21, 2008

Snow, Sun and Ski

Last week my Dad took me, Grayden, and his 4 and 6 year old skiing in Park City, UT. We had a lot of fun. Troy did not get to come however so trading Grayden around, so I could ski, was limited. I think by the next time I will be fairly descent. My six year old sister was out-skiing me to give you an idea of how "not good" I am, or how good she is. She did take the blues and skied between trees and did jumps, all without falling, with Breanna.

This is my 6 year old sis, Christina, schooling me on the slopes...



Grayden got to see the snow and mountains, but other than that he was pretty restricted in his activities due to his inability to stand yet. He will get there though and soon he will out ski me too.

Oh and while we were visiting we managed to make it to one of Breanna's rugby games where she immediately busted her lip, causing it to fall our of her skin. She got about 12 stitches, but not cosmetic surgery was necessary. Then the following Saturday my dad got to go to another game in the which she got kicked in the face and broke her nose. At least this time she got to stay in long enough to score.

Here are pics of Breanna's injuries. (As a side note, no one has ever had to go to the emergency room until we got there!)


5 comments:

Jon and Laura said...

Wow- what a post- sounds like some pretty aggressive rugby! I've been checking your blog frequently to see the "more to come" part, so I thoroughly enjoyed the update! Looks cold on the slopes- what's snow again?

Audrey said...

Looks painful, I hope she is alright. But Utah looks beautiful, and I am am glad you had a good time.

Lindy said...

Mariah it looks like you are bringing bad luck to the rugby games! You really need to watch in secret!

Brekke said...

Those injuries sound painful! I hope she's healing well. Don't worry about the skiing. I'm from Utah and I can't.

Sophia Crane said...

I can't ski more than the bunny hill so don't feel too bad. Rugby is dangerous, it is one of the few sports I really would not be ok with my kids playing, but more power to her for sticking to it I guess. Glad to hear you had a good trip. I love your taste in music by-the-way I like coming to your blog just to listen to the music.