Saturday, April 5, 2008

Jodene Bond

My grandmother. One of the greatest influences in my life and someone who helped me become a better me. She died last weekend and its all a little surreal still. She is the closest person to die in my life. It has not totally sunk in.

My sister sang and we were both pall bearers, a job generally meant for men, but my mom wanted to be one so we all participated. Today was the burial. It could not have been more beautiful. The tender mercies of the Lord were all around.

3 comments:

Sophia Crane said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandmother's death. I am glad that despite the saddnes of the event, that it was still beautiful & that you felt the tender mercy of our Lord. I too, have never had anyone close to me die & I fear how I will react when that day comes. I am glad the lord was there for you.

Kevin and Kerry said...

I am so sorry Mariah. I know that you were very close. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. We love you!

Kelli said...

Actually, this is Mary Ann and not Kelli. I am also very sorry about your grandmother. suddenness can be so shocking. I will call or write Sherene soon, as I have been thinking about her too. The 10th was a month for Troy's grandmother, so I called Libby. She is doing fine and looking for a job.