Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Oldest Cyclist

Of what I am not sure, but he is pretty dang old. I was exercising at my YMCA a couple weeks ago when I heard an old man talking about the annual road bike ride from Houston to Austin. He said he didn't like it much which caught my attention. I initiated a conversation with him by asking why... As it turned out the man on the other side of me was a cyclist too and joined the conversation. This other man was probably in his late 50s early 60s. A few minutes passed and the two older men discussed various rides they participate in and the younger said "I was at the La Grange ride and they had the Oldest Competitive Cyclist come up and be introduced. That wouldn't happen to be you would it?"

IT WAS!

He is 96!

If he can do it, I can do it.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, that's inspiring. I always look at the senior runners at the marathons Robert does and I'm in awe. They are amazing!

Anonymous said...

hello I FROM SPAIN GOOD BLOB MY BLOG IS http://victimatroglodita.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

uthome聊天 , uthome聊天 , uthome聊天 , uthome聊天 , uthome聊天 , uthome聊天 , uthome聊天 , uthome聊天 , uthome聊天 , uthome聊天