Saturday, November 3, 2007

Bad Day for Pictures

After several months of waiting, the verdict is in. The once coveted and adored SLR, (camera), circa 1974, we found, stowed in the dark recesses of Mary Ann's hall closet has proven almost useless. The majority of the pictures taken were so dark they were not printed. The others, which are some I took, were fairly dark, but still not even worth framing. Its obviously something to do with exposure, but there's also a grainy look to them. Its been a while since I took any classes on the subject, so I am not sure who the culprit is, camera opperator, film, camera or a combo. Upon refection, I have decided to give it one more tryout before benching it. I think I will try two things, another film speed and take more pictures outside. The darkness could be a combo of film speed and lens angle (not just fstops) so I will also take that into account...

Along the same subject line, of pictures, but this time digital, I experienced another great tragedy. Please excuse the melodrama, but I cannot resist. I spent much time preparing. For the scrapbook/keepsake book I assembling for Grayden, I made three comic strip photo collages. I was very excited to have them printed today, but as it turns out the resolution was not good enough to make an 8x10. Luckily this is not the end of the road. I can hopefully reexport them at the highest resolution. I will promptly go to the store on Monday!

*Update* The more I think about it the more I think it was a camera operator malfunction! The cobwebs are clearing. I vaugely remember something about crystals and film speed which if not properly aligned/calibrated can cause graininess... So much for being disappointed. At least there is SWEET HOPE...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.