Monday, November 19, 2007

I've Been Tagged

OK, so apparently when one gets tagged they must write six things about themselves that most people don't know. I will do my best to reveal something new.

1. When I was a teenager (17 to be exact, sadly) my friend and I attended our first Hanson concert at Sea World. This particular concert involved several hours of waiting to get in. Anyway we went and had fun, oh and we were definitely not the oldest, nor we the minority in age... Well years later as a college freshman this same friend and I heard they would be having a concert in Austin. It was September, which is the month of both our birthdays and we thought it would be a fun celebration for us to reminess. One morning before the concert, after we had purchased tickets, we both were happening to listen to the same radio talk show where they were giving away backstage passes. Oh I forgot to mention a few days before this my friend and I went to a blood drive to try and get them, but Bobby Bones didn't fork them over. SO, I called my friend and we commiserated about how we happened to here this and then she said "call the radio station". Now this was not my territory. She was a pro at this so I was like NO! Then for some reason I said yes. I called. Bobby Bones said he would give us backstage passes IF we came in the following morning to sing a song about him on the radio, otherwise he would broadcast my cell number. Well we went to the concert and met Hanson, believe me we were not the crazy ones, and sang the next morning. We rewrote words to "Baby Got Back" and basically made fun of Bobby Bones.

OK so this was long, but one more thing. We actually met them again the following May at another concert. And for all you Haters, don't judge until you listen to their latest stuff! ALSO, I would like to mention that we were not obsessed, honestly it just looks that way.lol

2. I once was a construction work, thats right, I dug holes, lifted concrete bags, used many saws, screw drivers, and nail guns. It was rough, but an interesting experience.

3. I once was the subject of a Documentary about people who worked in College. It helped that I worked for Amy's Ice Cream as a Pit Boss, which was a cool job, accept that I did not get home until 2:30 or 3:30 am the nights I worked...

4. I got a poem published in High School for something I wrote on my math book cover my junior year. I DO NOT consider myself a poet, but it got me extra credit in my English class senior year. You can look it up at poetry.com under Mariah Campbell. (its not that cool)

5. My favorite music is usually singer song writers or Americana; Patty Griffin, Jewel, Ben Folds, Eastmountainsouth etc...love,love,love them

6. Maybe this should not be one of them, but it was something cool that happened and totally something one would only find in a movie. In High School this guy I dated, my "first love," bleh, made a music video expressing how he felt about me, it was cute, using a David Byrne song. The video entailed socks, cereal and other miscellaneous items spelling out my name. It sounds sort of dorky, but it was totally cool.

7. Since I mentioned the above story, I think I should also mention something else about Troy, which is even cooler. When he was on his six month Bachelor party in Brazil he randomly sent me a vase of flowers at work. It was a much needed gesture, as you can imagine.

Whew!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Timm forwarded me the link to your blog. Your story about Hansen had me cracking up! Grayden is getting so big and is so handsome!

Mariah said...

lol...THANKS!