Thursday, November 1, 2007

Flattering or Creepy?


Escapades to the grocery store are always eventful. A three month old, plus a husband obsessed with the meat department is generally a sure fire way to make things interesting. Either I am roping in an extremely carnivorous husband or speaking babyese in the isles. Today Grayden wins most captivating performance for cuteness.

Upon entering the cereal isle and its golden walls of cornpops, captin crunch and cheerios a lady laid eyes on him. She swooned and complimented my little guy and then thanked me for letting her "enjoy him". Later, in another isle, this one lined with silver cans of green beans and tomato sauce, the lady caugt me speaking the famous foreign tongue. She beamed with gushy adoration and I smiled back. Slightly awkward. I am chalking it up to Grayden's enchanting ora, who can resist it? We movied on to look at some produce, including overpriced organic bananas (no we did not buy them).

1 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh, consider it flattering. Just wait until you get perfect strangers giving you advice or tell you you are doing something wrong. Grrr...